Tuesday, July 29, 2008

it's all in the name.

From Yahoo! News via d.Sharp Journal:

McCain takes aim at Obama's character

A key excerpt:

Kathie Steigerwald, a Dearborn, Mich., businesswoman who said she voted for Hillary Clinton but now plans to support McCain, offered an especially succinct recital of a narrative on which other interviewees offered numerous variations:

"I feel John McCain is a true American and I want to support a true American," she said.

But isn't Obama a "true American?" she was asked.

"I don't know," she said after a measured pause. "I question it."

Why?

"I don't know — maybe because of his name?"

{via d.Sharp journal}

What is with the superficiality of voting these days? Ideally, if you're deciding our country's future and you hear a rumor that might sound especially "appalling" (that a non-Christian might perhaps be vying for the presidency, the nerve!), why don't you look it up and see if it's true? I know people are pressed for time and have more important things to do (like watching So You Think You Can Dance), but still. I guess I'm just a nerd who cares too much, but even Wikipedia might do these people some good, despite its faults.

psst...as far as that off-shore drilling McCain supports, did you know that the lower-pricing effects of any oil we get out of those reserves won't be seen until 2030?

1 comment:

KATLIN said...

Oh god, I don't even know what to say to people like that anymore, it's so frustrating to think there are a lot more people out there like her.