Thursday, November 6, 2008

today is a good day.



The hardest part about winning this election (and my country back) has been resisting the urge to gloat. But I love that other liberals are feeling the same. You can call me blindly partisan all you want, but there's a reason we're called bleeding hearts. I kept hearing and reading these reactions from happy Obama supporters: "Is it okay to be happy? Am I allowed to wear my Obama pins and shirts? What do I say? I don't want to be mean.", whereas four years ago I was not only kicked to the curb by the Republicans but forced to lick the pavement as well. Obviously there are plenty of sassy, some-would-say annoying liberals who are boasting about Obama winning. On my Facebook feed, I've seen a lot of sore losers as well. "People need to take economics courses before they vote!" (Because there are only conservative economists. Paul Krugman does not exist.)

But come on. We're good people, we're going to work towards bipartisanship. We realize Obama has some of the biggest hurdles ahead of him, some of which he probably won't get to tackle. But also? We just made history, y'all. Have you SEEN how happy this has made people, of all races, of all ages, from all countries?

Just give us this day to be completely, blissfully happy. We can get realistic tomorrow.

{photo via hipster runoff}

No comments: