Saturday, November 22, 2008

i've said it before and i'll say it again.

I was lucky enough to see the entire season of Summer Heights High over the summer due to my Australian "connections" (read: I worked with an Australian who just moved to the states and burned a copy for me on DVD), but now that it's on HBO, I'm hoping my telling you to watch it will be more effective. The show centers around three characters at a public school in Australia: Ja'mie, a private school snob participating in an exchange program; Mr. G, an overconfident drama teacher; and Jonah, a troubled kid from Tonga. All three characters are played by Australian comic Chris Lilley, and he's seriously brilliant. The show is both funny and poignant, a combination that is seriously lacking from most sitcoms. It airs on Sundays at 10:30 pm.

And now for some trivia: my best friend Justin attended the school where they filmed the show while he was living in Melbourne. How weird is that?





No comments: