Saturday, November 22, 2008

the arctic has no respect for fashion.

How on EARTH do y'all stay warm in winter? I know, it's stupid of me to ask. I'm 23 and have lived in Virginia my entire life. But every year, I freeze to death. I resist the urge to sensibly bundle up because I associate being warm with looking like this:



Sorry, but that's not a sacrifice I'm willing to make. Maybe if I wasn't so short. (Who am I kidding? Never!)

But this year I'm trying to bundle up more effectively. I've already bought two adorbz knit hats from softspoken (which, by the way, I highly recommend. I generally look terrible in hats and I've been stopped by strangers offering compliments AND been told that "This is the first time I've seen you look good in a hat" by a close friend!), a cuddly scarf from yokoo, and a pair of polar tights from Wolford. I'm still cold. What else am I supposed to do? Gloves with fingers are crucial, I've just realized. I thought, oh, fingerless gloves are cute and I can wear them while BLOGGING! But, unless they have a convertible mitten-flap (I refuse to call them glittens), they're pretty much useless when it gets super cold.

Tonight I took the dog for a walk and I wore polar tights, sweatpants, insulated boots, a black cardigan, my 1o-year-old sister's fleece jacket with a faux-fur collar, my wool jacket, a hat and TWO pairs of gloves. I was getting there, but my face was still freezing. I guess this is the next logical step:



{post title from a mighty boosh rap and a white lightning post.}

1 comment:

KATLIN said...

Aaah those softspoken bubble hats are sooo cute! I just might have to buy one... And I feel bad that it's so damn cold there. My windows are wide open, it's 1:30 am and I'm wearing a thin tank cotton dress. Haha. That probably didn't make you feel better (or warmer)