Saturday, November 15, 2008

straight against hate.



This Saturday there is a nationwide protest against the passage of Proposition 8. This is something I feel very strongly about, so I'm definitely going. It starts at 1:30pm and you can find your protest location here.

As great as it is that we elected Barack Obama, there is still lots of work to be done. I don't know if protesting will do any good, but when I think of the alternative (sitting around, feeling guilty for not going), actually making an effort will totally be worth it.

My protest location is the U.S. Capitol, and this is one of the few times I realize how fortunate I am to live near DC. It is culturally barren (sorry DC-ers), but one of the most important places in the world nonetheless.

For more information, Join the Impact has everything you need to know.

No comments: