Monday, December 8, 2008

my christmas list.



I like to think my current position (unemployed and living in my parents' houses rent-free -- thanks dudes) has been especially humbling. For awhile, I really didn't want a single thing beyond a job and peace on earth (ha!). But the internet got the best of me, and I'm sort of obsessing over these housewares:





1. melamine ladybug tray, $32 at threepotatofour
'Cause as much as I like to think of myself as an elitist east-coast librul, I love sitting in front of the teevee and noshing. At least with this tray, I'd look cute doing it.


2. get in here poster, $25 at mylittleunderground
This poster is all over tumblr/ye olde blogosphere. It's simple, but it works.


3. stackup 5x7 print, $16 at photobird's etsy shop
I love me some "it's the little things in life" photography.


4. wire eames chair print, $15 at perlaanne's etsy shop
If you've been reading my blog for more than a day, you know I love simplicity. Oh, and having a picture of an Eames chair totally gives you design cred in my book.


5. 6" ceramic pigeon vase (the big one!), $60 at threepotatofour
Do I even need to explain this one?


6. Manhattan poster by Jim Datz, $48 at threepotatofour
Just a super cute poster.



Speaking of posters, For Me, For You just blogged about this amazing poster that my grandparents used to have hanging in their summer home in the Adirondacks. I used to stare at it for hours, no joke. That little A-frame had the best kitschy 60s furniture. Too bad they sold it (with furniture) a few years ago.

{photo credit}

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a good list!

You have such a good sense for picking quirkyfundelightful things--

Here's hoping the holidays are very happy for you.