Friday, April 18, 2008

one more song! one more song!



the new my brightest diamond track is AMAZING. if you haven't heard of shara worden/my brightest diamond, she is an opera-trained soprano vocalist who used to sing backup for sufjan stevens. i can't imagine how she managed to not overpower him, because shara has an absolutely phenomenal voice.

her last cd, bring me the workhorse, had some great tracks, but occasionally the blend of soaring vocals + rock felt a bit stilted. if this first song is indicative of the rest of her next album, she's managed to find the perfect balance between the two.

my brightest diamond - inside a boy

[EDIT: hmm...the track isn't working for me right now, and probably not you, either. but i'll fix it soon! i'm just tooooo tired right now.]

No comments: